If you are experiencing vaginal discomfort you are not alone and there is no reason to suffer in silence. Vaginal dryness or irritation affects nearly half of all women between age 51 and 60. Don’t be afraid to speak to your physician about how he or she can help.
The MonaLisa Touch® CO2 laser can help relieve your symptoms. In a painless, safe and quick, in-office laser procedure, the MonaLisa Touch® procedure can help you regain comfort and confidence. By gently acting on tissue of the vaginal mucosa, the laser stimulates the production of collagen, improving the functionality of the treated area and restoring the proper trophic balance to the mucous membrane.
Vaginal discomforts like dryness, burning and urinary incontinence can also occur during pre-menopause or after child birth. These vaginal discomforts are caused by changes in the condition of the vagina that develop when there is a significant decrease in levels of the female hormone estrogen. Estrogen, which is produced by the ovaries, plays a vital role in keeping vaginal tissues lubricated and healthy. When levels of estrogen are low, vaginal tissue becomes thin and dry.
Common conditions with low estrogen levels that cause these symptoms, also known as vaginal atrophy include:
- Breast Cancer Treatment
- Surgical removal of the ovaries before the age of natural menopause, which can be done at the same time as a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
- Treatment with medications used to decrease estrogen levels in women who have conditions such as uterine fibroids or endometriosis
- Premature menopause, which occurs before age 40, a younger age than is considered normal for the average woman.
Common signs of vaginal atrophy include:
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal itch or a burning sensation
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Light bleeding after intercourse
Please call us at (601) 936-9190 to learn more about the MonaLisa Touch® procedure and how it can help you achieve vaginal rejuvenation. One simple treatment lasting only a few minutes, without pain, side effects or recovery time, can give the tissue the tone and elasticity it once had, with positive effects on one’s quality of life and personal relationships.